Sunday, September 13, 2009

Granite Mountain

Who: Me, Myself, And I
What: Granite Mountain
When: Sunday, Sept 23th, 2009

I had sent my parents on this hike a week earlier, but had never been on it myself. Then, Alan showed me a picture that he had just done the hike too. I felt like I was missing out (as Andreas had also told me it was an epic view).

So, on a beautifully sunny day I took a hike up Granite.

I started late, in hopes to avoid some of the mid-day crazy heat. My body does not care for warmer climates.

I don't have much to say about the hike, except, the view at the top is an excellent 360 degree view of mountains, mountains and more mountains. The hike was steep pretty the entire way, for a great workout. I was actually scared I was going to be sore after the hike since I feel/felt like I haven't been working out much lately. But, in addition to beating the estimated time by an hour, there was no sore-ness!

The downsides of this hike: you can hear the road pretty much the entire way (a major bummer in my book). 75% of this hike is not in the shade. Granted, it's a beautiful alpine meadow for a majority of the way, but I shall stay away from this hike on hotter days.

My parents picked a ton of huckleberrys on the way up, but I didn't see any easily accessable ones on my trip.

I took a couple photos, but none were worthy, I need a filter for my lens. But I do want to climb this pointy peak sometime:

Anybody know what it is?

Sorry for an almost negative post on a hike that everybody says is the "greatest thing ever." I think I'm just sad that the road follows you the entire way.

No comments:

Post a Comment